no coat of arms
One of the NATICK - class large harbor tugs, the ANOKA was the second ship in the Navy named after the seat of Anoka County, Minn., settled in the 1840s and incorporated in 1878. Assigned to Norfolk Naval Base, Va., the ANOKA was stricken from the Navy list on March 13, 2001, and was finally sold on November 20, 2001.
|General Characteristics:||Awarded: June 22, 1970|
|Keel laid: October 5, 1970|
|Launched: April 15, 1971|
|Delivered: August 31, 1971|
|Stricken: March 13, 2001|
|Builder: Peterson Shipbuilders, Sturgeon Bay, Wis.|
|Propulsion system: one diesel propulsion engine, 2000 HP|
|Length: 109 feet (33.2 meters)|
|Beam: 29 feet (8.8 meters)|
|Draft: 13 feet (3.95 meters)|
|Displacement: approx. 356 tons|
|Speed: 12 knots|
This section contains the names of sailors who served aboard ANOKA. It is no official listing but contains the names of sailors who submitted their information.