to end of page
FAQ - Frequently asked Questions
- 1. Where can I find a ship's history?
- One of the best places to find out about a ship's history is www.hazegray.org/danfs/. Unfortunately, histories are often only provided for decommissioned ships.
Histories of commissioned ships might be found on this website (-> Ships List) or on the official homepage of the ship (-> Official US Navy Ships List).
- 2. Where can I find a ship's status?
- Information about a ship's status might be found on www.nvr.navy.mil which is the US Navy's Naval Vessel Register.
A more comprehensive site is www.navsource.org. On top of every ship's page you will find detailed information about the vessels fate or status.
- 3. Where can I find photos of a certain US Navy ship?
- 4. Can you help me to contact someone who served or is serving in the US Navy?
- No. This is an unofficial US Navy website and therefore, I do not have access to any crew lists, email addresses etc.
All "crew list" information on this website were submitted by the respective sailors.
- 5. Where can I find a ship's mailing adress?
- 6. Why is my ship not listed on the website?
- This website is maintained as a hobby and therefore, time to add new ships is limited. That's why I can't tell when the page of a certain ship will be online but new pages are added on a regular basis.
Back to 1st page